Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The New Shockwave


When I started modeling Shockwave only two days ago, I had no idea that he would be finished so quickly. Shockwave breaks all the records as the fastest to completion Transformer in this series to date.
Maybe it was my references. Maybe it was the simple transformation. But whatever it was, Shockwave is done! Here's his tank mode:


His transformation is based entirely on the Animated version, and though his gun retains the shape of Animated Shockwave's gun, the barrel is modeled off of Dark of the Moon Shockwave's cannon.

The barrel is modeled off the movie Shockwave's gun.

I can't tell you how glad I am not to have to use that old model in the short. It probably would've ruined everything. It's too bad I didn't model Ratchet instead, but every model that I can make gets me one step closer to completion. I only have four character models to go. If I can get Cliffjumper's head done, (I'll be saving that as a surprise when the short's released), and drive myself to finish Megatron's hand and eyes, I'll be down to two models. That's it! Really!

That and a few environment models, like the tactical chamber and cargo bay of the Nemesis, and the barren wasteland outside Shockwave's prison, which, by the way, is modeled now. You can see a bit of it if you check out Shockwave's awesome new poster in the downloads section. My only real concern is, once again, my computer's processing power. Will it hold up?
We'll just have to find out. Also be sure to keep checking the blog, as I'm working on Shockwave's updated featurette. And if you want to find out what's going on, check the Updates Timeline, since I catalogue every change I make there.

What's next? Well, I need to start planning out my scenes. Since my script is basically done, all I need to do is draw out a bunch of animatic shots and stick them in a project to music, and then start replacing the placeholders with actual clips. It's what I started to do with one of the scenes, but I'm probably going to change up that scene a lot.

Stay tuned for more.