Monday, May 20, 2013

The Rookie


Bumblebee's head was started yesterday and finished today. As you can probably guess, I'm on a roll as far as getting these guys done. Part of me just kind of wants to finish the short before Botcon 2013, but I know it's not happening. Oh well, it's not like I can get to San Deigo, seeing as it's so far away from where I am. I'm crossing my fingers for next year, though!


Anyway, this here's Bumblebee's head, all textured and ready, in a hero view, (a three quarter angle).
I was using mostly two influences while modeling him. The first was the movie and the second was Prime. I like to think that this Bumblebee is almost a perfect mix of the two. I borrowed Bumblebee's eyes and eyebrows from Prime, as well as the chin, and I borrowed the movie Bumblebee's cat-like ear pieces off the back of the head and the Autobot logo on the front of the head.

The rest is all me. Basically I just added more black accents to go with the striped black and yellow vibe, then I strengthened his profile by jutting out his chin.


I gave him chin pistons to move his chin up and down when he's talking.
I also gave him comlink-type things on the sides of his head like ears.
I've decided that recurring themes in my Bumblebee model will be alternating colors and holes, like he was made more aerodynamic.

Well, if things go like they have been in the past couple of days, you'll see Bumblebee's full model within a week!

Also, I almost forgot to mention that Ratchet's featurette is finished and in the Videos section of the website, accessible in the blog sidebar.

Stay tuned for more.