Friday, April 5, 2013

Ultra Magnus is Getting There



I remodeled Ultra Magnus's torso and added an Elite Guard symbol, like on his Animated toy. I also used the toy for reference when I redesigned his shoulder transformation. I'm also happy to report that his hands will not need to shrink to transform like Optimus.

I have started planning his leg transformation as well, and there's an interesting twist to the way it works, but you have to see it to understand it, so I'll talk about that in a later update. But, at least for the time being, Ultra's torso is complete. By the way, those are his original shoulders, I didn't have to remodel them to get them to work. They also have the blasters in them like before, which is pretty awesome. One thing I will change, or rather, fix about the torso is that in the transformed mode, Ultra's shoulder joints actually overlap one another. The spaces on the sides that are formed because of the extension in the middle of his body may either be filled by his legs or by his hammer/missile launcher.

Also, if you haven't checked the Downloads section in a while, do that now, because there's an awesome 3D poster there now.

A small portion of the poster.

Once again, I will keep you posted on any progress.