Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Plot of Transformers War of Ends - Part 1

Hello again, it's me. It's time to talk about the plot of Transformers War of Ends, Part 1.

Let me be clear, I've gotten most of it worked out, but I'm iffy on the details and it may change slightly at any time during production. I'll try to update it when I change something.

Ultra Magnus and his team of Autobots, Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Bumblebee, have taken control of the Nemesis, a large Decepticon warship, during a rescue mission. Who are they rescuing? The Constructibots, a repair crew whose main purpose is protecting and repairing the Wall, a large structure that surrounds a space bridge that the Decepticons are desperate to get ahold of. In order to access the wall, Megatron had Shockwave abduct the Constructibots. Without them, control over the space bridge may fall into Decepticon hands! What at first appears to be a simple assignment turns into a nightmare for the team, and as events quickly escalate, Optimus faces a difficult choice that will change who he is forever.
So there you have it. The plot has been through many iterations, and trust me, this is the best one I've come up with so far. The short is planned to be around five minutes, but there might be an extended version in the future. When I first started working out the plot, Straxus was going to be in it, as well as all six Constructibots, but that soon proved infeasible. Don't worry though, Devastator and the Constructibots will be appearing in later parts, as well as Straxus, and quite a few more. I'm going to try and keep this series going, adding or updating characters along the way, and I want to see a LOT of Transformers, so expect there to be many parts. I've only figured out about as far as Part 2, but I'd also like to see even more combiners, which I feel like too many shows are lacking. Devastator's clearly my favorite, but expect to see Menasor and Bruticus in the future, (I've been dying to see them in some other form then G1). Anyway, the future's looking pretty awesome, (and extremely difficult, but still awesome). Speaking of the future, tomorrow there'll be a fresh new post about the 'bot that's been popping up all over this blog-- OPTIMUS PRIME!